3/1/11

Happy Tuesday

Happy Tuesday. 


Last night, I submitted a short story to a literary journal for the first time ever.


This was a big step for me. For a while I thought I would send the story to The New Yorker. Rejection letters are part of the process, and I thought it would be totally fine if my first one was from a magazine like that. ;)


In the end, I picked a more appropriate review. I should hear something in April. Unless I wrote my cover letter wrong and they bin it. I feel like I read the directions about 43 times.


I can't thank my last-minute eyes, Susan, Meghan, and Erinn, enough. Ladies... you rock awesome socks.


Now to wait. 




What are YOU waiting for (besides your pair of Awesome Socks)?  Tell me in the comments below!

4 comments:

  1. You're most welcome! I'm waiting for March 22nd to see if I made it to round 3...eek!

    Yay for submitting your story!! And fingers crossed until April. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY. Good for you. Picking the RIGHT place is HUGE and a massive step in getting published.

    Me, I'm trapped in a waiting place agents, contests, queries, I'm trapped in a holding pattern until I hear something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting is always hard - good luck! I so enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! What an awesome concrete step toward being a published writer.

    ReplyDelete