The drive to the lab was not fun. That's not even considering the fact that I was here late last night trying to fix a problem - roughly ten hours passed between when I locked the door and when I came back.
So, to put myself in a better mood and to start the day off
- The snow was really easy to brush off my car.
- I was able to stop for a hot cup of Dunkin coffee to go - and it was made the way I asked for it.
- When I walked from the garage to the lab, the precipitation was mostly snow. It's really nice to walk in the snow.
- There are a few people here. I had a spontaneous conversation with one dude by the elevator, he was pretty entertaining.
- The department ice maker is running really low for some reason, but because I'm in so early, I didn't have to fight for my ice.
- Since I'm the only one in the lab, I can listen to We're Alive while I work and not have to worry about the zombie sounds and screams disrupting my coworkers' concentration.
- I am wearing one of my favorite tee-shirts. If I'd stayed at home, I'd probably still be in my pajamas.
- At least one thing I left last night worked. I might be 3/3 by the end of the day.
- I have plenty of time to organize my desk. (I thought about posting a picture of the mess, but I don't want photo documentation...)
- Since I'll already be on the road, I can swing by the store and pick up some essentials on the way home.
Enjoy your snow day, and if you have to be out on the road, drive safely!