1/20/11

Hard Decisions

Alarm clock goes off. 


4:50am.


"Are you getting up, or are you snuggling with the muttsos?"


A moment of silence.


"Will you be mad* if I sleep another 30 minutes?"


"No."


"Ok.  I'll get up when you get up."


Another moment of silence.


"I'm getting up. I'll see you tonight. Love you."


"Love you too."












*the whole snoozing-and/or-not-getting-up-to-the-alarm thing becomes a point of contention when it goes off 30 minutes before the other person's [and inadvertently wakes them up]. Completely understandable. I think (hope) I've gotten much better about this.

2 comments:

  1. Every morning I have to will myself to get out of bed and get dressed. I sit there for a good five minutes thinking it over, weighing the pros and cons. I always get up and get dressed because there is a dress code where I work and PJ bottoms with polar bears on it are against the rules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. I bet I could wear PJ bottoms to work.

    When it's warmer. :D

    ReplyDelete