10/25/10

This blog will be about...

After a somewhat negative-themed first post (not on purpose), I spent a few days thinking about what this blog WILL be about.  I did this for a very important reason: I've had blogs before, and all but one pretty much failed (aka, I lost interest).  So what did the one success have that the others didn't?

That successful blog had:
A clear contribution schedule
A defined time limit 
Personal significance
A uniting theme

I can probably hit two out of three, since I plan to maintain MoWrites longer than the other one.

So, what do I expect to write here?
  • Personal things.  No, not TMI.  You probably won't hear about my morning coffee (unless it was really good), my relationships, or the smile-before-backstabbing politics that occasionally happen at work.  But I will write about my family (some of them, including the dogs, actually have their own blog - check the side bar), my friends, and the things we do.  
  • Training.  This is an important part of my life (even on days when I sleep in).  Many more training posts will appear at the TeamSFM blog, but I'll also post here.  I may also post content I don't write about for MoMentum.
  • Science.  The coolest thing about my job is that I get to learn about many, many different discoveries and fields.  The frustrating thing about my job is that I'm just supposed to focus on mine.  I'll share things that I find interesting here.
  • Writing. I spend a lot of time writing.  Even when I'm doing other things, I'm usually thinking of my characters or my current Work-in-Progress (er.. I mean... I'm listening attentively to you).  And I still have a lot to learn about the process, about publishing, etc.  I'll work through some of that here.  In addition, November is NaNoWriMo, which will probably start to consume my soul around November 20th. Expect word count updates as I struggle to maintain my sanity.  There are some great blogs by authors in my side bar.
  • Local Adventures.  I love where I live.  There are lots of fun things to do, cool places to go, interesting people to meet.  If we have a great happy hour, I'll post it here.  Favorite spot?  Same thing... although there are several Local Blogs that do it better.  There are also blogs that cover local opinionsissues, and politics.  See the sidebar for a list, or check the links I'll include in my posts.
Do you have a blog that isn't mentioned here?  Let me know and I'll add it to the blog roll.

Finally, if there's something you want me to talk about (or talk more about) comment or send me an email and let me know. Hear about an event?  Tell me!  Want to guest blog?  The more the merrier!

Look for posts three days a week: Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday.  

Thoughts?  Suggestions?  Tweet them or leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment